About Dave Wirth
Creativity and Pedagogy
- Owner of The School of Feedback Guitar, in Austin, TX.
- Author of two books. The first, How to Learn Guitar and Have Insane Amounts of Fun, and the second: Barre Chords; The Complete DiY Guide
- Created and released eight albums of music. These albums, along with any news about creative music, are located at www.davewirthmusic.com
- Has a cat.
- Master's Degree in Classical Guitar Performance and Literature from Eastman School of Music
- Began learning classical guitar three years before the Eastman audition. Eastman was ranked as #1 in 2010 amongst music schools. It usually takes a decade of practice to have a successful audition.
- Studied with Nicholas Goluses, Professor and Chair of Classical Guitar Studies.
- Master-classes with world-famous guitarists Scott Tennant of the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet, David Tannenbaum, Benjamin Verdery, Jason Vieux, and Lutenist Paul Odette.
- Bachelor's Degree in Jazz and Classical Guitar Performance from Bowling Green State University
- Had no clue how to read music at time of audition, but was successful anyway.
- Studied with Chris Buzzelli, Professor and Chair of Jazz Guitar Studies. Studied with Daniel Lippel, NYC Based Classical Guitarist.
- Did four performance juries per semester, at least three actual performances per semester, and eventually learned how to read music notation.